Lower carb meals have been my focus lately as I know it’s the easiest way for me to lose weight. For me, simple, easy meals that I enjoy are the way to go. I wanted to share some of them with you and would love to hear of some of your favorite lower carb meals too! Share with me in the comments! 🙂
Healthy-ish Lower Carb Meals
- Grilled chicken salad with english cucumber, carrots, celery, cheese, hard boiled egg, and croutons.
- Snack plates are a favorite! Here we have salami, cheese, apple, green olives, kalamata olives, and pita chips with caramelized onion dip from Trader Joe’s (the BOMB).
- Grilled chicken kabobs with broccoli and salad. The salad is just romaine, onions, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. You can find the basic chicken marinade I use here.
- Caesar salad in a low carb wrap, nectarine, and ham and cheese roll ups with mayo and pepper. I’ve also been loving plums lately!
- Grilled pork chop and sesame green beans. The green bean recipe can be found here– courtesy of Taralynn McNitt! I use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. The pork chops were just marinated for a few minutes before grilling with Worcestershire and rib rub!
- Spicy cashew chicken from The Cheesecake Factory! I just recently tried this for the first time and it is AMAZING. I’m now addicted lol. While the dish has plenty of carbs, the way I order it makes it lower carb (compared to what it would be if ordered as is). I ask for no rice and extra cashews!
Lower Carb Snacks
- Apples with Whipped Cream Cheese or Frozen Cool Whip.
- Parm Crisps Ranch snack mix- found at Costco and it’s delicious!
I also snack on string cheese and I eat a lot of Grillo’s pickles right now. They are SO good!
Leave a Comment!